Audio Studies A - Creative Project

Rocket
Stuart Johnston
3 Minutes ‘23 Seconds

This is taken from a song recorded by me on my Tascam 2488 recorder. I exported these as wave files and brought them into Uni. I imported individual wave files Peak LE and chopped them up saving them to the desktop. I got really good at the keyboard shortcuts for copy, new, paste and save as in Peak LE. I then dragged the samples into a ProTools session and begun looping and arranging. My main aim was to get four or five complementary sections to fit together and then add vocal parts to suit. I encountered several issues as I set about this task. The main one was that ProTools could not auto backup at one stage because one guitar riff couldn’t be found. It wouldn’t even let me scroll without the error appearing. I thankfully had been saving as I went anyway so little work was lost when I had to pull the plug and force a close to that session. That just left a fair mess to sort out in my audio files folders.

With the song I was really happy how sections were looped but if I had a fair bit more time I would have improved on the tempo transitions between sections. I had to time compress some vocals to fit in with some sections as the original song was not played to a click track.

Thanks to Sascha, Mark and Hamish for the performance. Otherwise known as Hamisphere

You can hear a copy of Rocket by following this link

Screenshot of Rocket - Edit Window



Screenshot of Rocket - Mixer Window

No comments: