MIDI Studies A – Creative Project

WE ARE ALL HERE
Stuart Johnston
3 Minutes ’57 Seconds

In my Proposal I wanted to an ambient rock/dance piece. Well as it turned out the rock was the intro part with some crazy snare patterns along with hi-hat and bass drum that were inputted with the drawing tools. I settled on 110bpm. All drums were entered using this method. I stuck to my plan and step inputted the bass guitar. The ambient keyboard sounds were entered in real time using the modulator on the interface. Some of these were layered up with some special effects to create more interest. I believe that the special effects are hooks that would keep some people coming back for another listen.

As the song built I used a pop drum kit and a break beat drum kit together to fatten the sound.
I wanted to keep that “up” feeling and really thumped the bass drum home by using gnome toy effect on the bass and snare parts near the end to create a plodding type effect.

Humans laughing with the monkeys heard in the background suit the theme and the kids signal the hard bass intro. Volume and panning were automated; effects were also added to particular tracks and automated. Automation data was inputted using real time and drawing tools. The track was mixed with in a 0.1 of the peak and the master on the global faders used to finish.
I thought that the piece should build and sway
With such a large sound it seemed a very small crowd applause was suitable at the finish.

You can hear the MP3 of "We are all Here" by following this link.


We are all Here - MIDI Creative Project - Arrange Window


We are all Here - MIDI Creative Project - Mixer Window

No comments: